Physical Fixed Asset Inventory Count and Clinical Equipment Inventory for Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, and Medical
Fixed Asset Inventory
Asset Services is a leading provider of physical equipment inventories for hospitals & healthcare facilities. Our trained inventory personnel specialize in performing inventory services for major moveable equipment in hospitals, clinics and medical practices. Once an inventory is complete, our valuation professionals can determine the replacement cost and fair market value of the healthcare assets, including: clinical, dietary, information technology, maintenance & facilities equipment.
- Track & Maintain Clinical Equipment
- Equipment tracking software & maintenance management systems are only as good as the information used to populate the system. Develop an accurate baseline inventory to populate your CMMS or equipment tracking system.
- Ensure all clinical equipment at your facility is properly tracked and maintenance records are kept up-to-date.
- Facility, Life Safety & Medical Equipment Maintenance
- Comply with industry standards that require hospitals to track certain building mechanical and medical equipment and ensure they are maintained at an acceptable level of safety & quality.
- The regulations impose significant changes to the way hospitals currently manage life safety and building mechanical equipment. Hospitals are expected to maintain a written inventory to ensure proper maintenance of all facility & medical equipment.
- Healthcare Facility Merger or Acquisition
- Fixed asset inventory for hospitals, healthcare systems, clinics and medical practices that are being acquired or merging with other entities.
- Determine the fair market value of fixed assets and medical equipment once a complete wall-to-wall inventory is complete.
- Joint Commission Institutional Oversight and Control
- Perform independent, professional fixed asset inventory for audit and regulatory compliance.
- Provide an accurate inventory for technicians to inspect, test, and maintain high-risk systems.
- Hospital Expansion, Construction or Relocation
- Identify existing clinical equipment, IT equipment and other fixed assets for reallocation to the new facility.
- Develop an accurate baseline inventory of hospital major moveable assets and clinical equipment at the new facility.
- Capital Budgeting for the Healthcare System
- Plan for future capital purchases based on accurate records of existing assets.
- Raise capital through the identification and sale of unused equipment.
- Reduce taxes and insurance premiums.
The inventory professionals at Asset Services are experienced in performing equipment inventories in healthcare environments. Whether it is a hospital, clinic, medical office building, operating room, diagnostic imaging center or patient rooms, our teams are highly sensitive to the environment and the concerns of patients, doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
The Asset Services inventory teams will progress through the building and apply barcode property tags to each asset. Information such as location, department, description, manufacturer, model and serial number will be recorded in state-of-the-art barcode data collection terminals. This information is then uploaded to the Asset Services database for our data specialists to review and normalize. After the team analyzes and scrubs the data, the inventory reports are provided as an electronic spreadsheet or delimited format for analysis and easy integration into an existing asset management system.
Additional information on the inventory process specific to healthcare facilities can be found here: Inventory Process for Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities.
Why Asset Services?
Our inventory teams have extensive training and experience in the identification of assets and equipment in medical environments, including clinical and biomedical equipment, IT assets, and standard office equipment and furniture.
Asset Services takes pride in our ability to perform an inventory with no disruption to procedures, patient care and normal daily activities. Our small, highly trained and experienced project teams provide greater consistency in the data collection processes, and minimizes our “footprint” at client sites. Inventory teams work in close proximity to each other and methodically progress through the facilities.
Asset Services: Physical fixed asset inventory services, and equipment valuations