Help Desk Software and More!
Welcome to Helpdesk.com, a leading destination for IT help desk software. Here you ll also find downloads and resources for help desk management, IT asset management, CRM software, help desk jobs. industry events, service and support white papers. and more.
Start Your Free Help Desk Software Trial Now!
Since 1995, Helpdesk.com has been the service and support industry s premier online resource for all things help desk and support related. We re a trusted source of reference for the global audience of IT evaluators, buyers, users, and desktop support professionals who believe in the benefits of delivering premium customer service and internal IT support. We appreciate you visiting our site!
We are constantly adding new content, software downloads, and white papers to the web site. Please contact us if you d like to contribute content or get featured on the site!
Resources for IT managers, system administrators and others include service and support vendor listings, help desk and CRM white papers, and industry event listings. Resources for IT buyers and evaluators include free and trial software downloads (for help desk, CRM, and more), educational white papers, vendor listings and reviews, and more.
Free Help Desk Trial
￼Email Overload: Why Leaving Work Isn’t So Easy Anymore – Free Download
The limitless connection to the global information network through increasingly smaller mobile devices enables users to connect with family and friends overseas, all while propelling the globalization of business. While the technological advancement has created many positive outcomes, there have been an equal amount of negative disruptors.
This guide discusses the emerging technologies that have the potential to change the way teams communicate and collaborate.
- Download ￼Email Overload: Why Leaving Work Isn’t So Easy Anymore Now!
￼￼￼Introduction to Enterprise Service Management – Free Download
Excellence and success in today’s dynamic and competitive business world is
both data- and customer-driven. In order for teams to perform and interact efficiently, capabilities and processes need to be in place to continuously improve operational efficiency and the customer experience.
This is where enterprise service management (ESM) comes in.
- Download ￼￼￼Introduction to Enterprise Service Management Now!
101 Ways to Automate Services – Free Download
Take the first steps toward an efficient organization by identifying tasks and service requests that are monopolizing your organization’s time.
This guide will show you how to use the power of service workflows to make hard tasks more simple and to make simple tasks automated.
- Download 101 Ways to Automate Services Now!
10 Mistakes You’re Probably Making – Free Download
ITIL works with best practices for IT project management, while providing the framework necessary for success. Why do some organizations have more success than others utilizing ITIL throughout their projects?
Download this white paper to discover the 10 biggest mistakes happening in ITSM projects.
- Download 10 Mistakes You’re Probably Making Now!
Transforming ITIL to Fit the Modern IT Organization – Free Download
If you haven’t already implemented ITIL, should you? And, if you have already implemented ITIL, how do you update it to work best for your evolving team?
Download this guide now to learn about Transforming ITIL to Fit the Modern IT Organization.
- Download Transforming ITIL to Fit the Modern IT Organization Now!
What is Help Desk Software?
This write-up provides an overview of today s modern help desk software features and requirements. Included below are links to valuable service desk resources and software downloads.
Help desk or service desk software works to automate the service management and support function. Typical support desk purposes include helping users retrieve lost passwords, helping customers troubleshoot product issues, assisting employees with hardware and software technical problems, and more. There are number of service and support solutions available that offer rich and robust functionality for optimizing the help desk management process. Common service desk application features include:
- Incident, problem and request management: This covers one of the main facets of service automation softare to assist end users and customers in troubleshooting hardware, software, product, and other technical or operational/process related issues (including, of course, lost passwords). Good help desk software will include rich capabilities for service desk staff to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues quickly and effectively. More robust software will enable end users to solve issues for themselves, without the help of the support staff (which is a big plus for help desk operations).
- Self-service capabilites via the Web and mobile: More traditional help desk implementations were client/server based and forced the end user or customer to contact the support desk directly for problem solving and general questions. Today s modern help desk managment solutions are built with accessibility and mobility in mind, taking advantage of more sophisticated and secure web and mobile technologies a.k.a SaaS, the cloud . Hosted service desk packages make it easier for client sites to implement, while rich web-based interfaces and mobile accessibility apps empower help desk staff, users and customers to troubleshoot issues no matter where they are. Self-service capabilities work to reduce help desk stress and dependency, making for a more efficient and proactive support staff. This leads to higher satisfaction levels across the board staff, users, and customers.
- Service level agreement management: Key to maintaining an effective help desk (as well as client relationship) is understanding the measures, goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs) that govern the process. Service desk software equipped with SLA management capability helps ensure a more effective process and delivery of support servies. Degradation in service delivery can be costly, damaging, and difficult to recover from. When evaluating software, make sure it includes provisions for SLA management.
- Knowledge management: A subset of the incident/problem management, knowledge management capability ensures the support desk is not only provisioned with pre-defined problem/resolution pairs (to answer the more basic and predictable questions expediently), but also has the ability to learn in a sort of cognitive fashion. The smarter the help desk software in terms of self learning , the more effectively the software can help automate end user and customer problem resolution without the need for service desk staff to intervene. On the flip side, making problem resolution data readily available to the support desk staff ensures the quickest and most effective help desk ticket resolution possible. When evaluating software, rich knowledge managment capabilities including the ability to define problem resolution sets, rules and knowledge trees will ensure peak satisfaction and service delivery efficiency.
Other key service desk software features:
- IT asset management
- Change management
- Reporting and analytics
- Customer relationship management
2016 Executive Report on Performance:
Metrics, Agents Operations