Motor Vehicle Collision Lawyers Assisting Individuals in Baltimore
Although motorcycles are becoming increasingly popular and provide a source of enjoyment for many enthusiasts, they pose unique dangers due to the rider s exposure to external elements, like other vehicles, roadway infrastructure, and trees. The injury attorneys at Lebowitz Mzhen, LLC have represented victims throughout the Baltimore area and elsewhere in Maryland for over 20 years. We work with a team of skilled experts, including accident reconstructionists, and can help you seek the full compensation that you deserve.
Pursuing Damages from a Negligent Driver
A motorcycle accident claim is a type of personal injury case, which usually requires a victim to show that the defendant was acting negligently. To prove negligence, the injured person must first establish that the defendant owed him or her a duty of care. In the content of a motorcycle accident case, the duty of care requires each driver to operate his or her vehicle with the same ordinary care and skill that a reasonably prudent driver would use in the same or similar circumstances.
Next, the victim must show that the defendant breached this duty by failing to exercise this standard of care. Since motorcycles are typically smaller than other vehicles on the road, many motorists fail to see them or drive too fast when passing motorcyclists. Drivers must drive cautiously when passing motorcycles and avoid driving too close. All too often, a motorcyclist is injured as a result of another person s failure to pay reasonable attention while driving.
The victim must also prove that the defendant s breach was a direct cause of his or her injuries. This means that he or she would not have been hurt if the defendant had met the appropriate standard of care for someone operating a vehicle in that situation, and that the crash was a reasonably foreseeable result of the defendant s carelessness.
Since a motorcyclist is not protected by a vehicle s frame and exterior, a rider who is involved in an accident typically sustains severe harm. Common examples of injuries that result from motorcycle accidents include spinal cord damage, brain trauma, broken bones, and contusions. As a result of these devastating collisions, many motorcyclists must miss a substantial period of work, and in some cases they are unable to return to their previous job in the same capacity. Examples of the categories of damages that an injured motorcyclist may be able to recover often include lost wages, loss of earning capacity, medical expenses, physical therapy, future medical treatment, and pain and suffering.
Consult an Experienced Maryland Attorney for Your Accident Claim
Suffering injuries as the result of a motorcycle crash can be a stressful time for the victim and his or her family. At Lebowitz Mzhen, our car accident lawyers have represented numerous individuals from throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C. Our compassionate team of professionals is here to help answer your questions and guide you through the legal process. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation, so call us today at 1-800-654-1949 or contact us online to discuss your potential case.
- Maryland Court Allows Plaintiff to Recover Compensation After Accident with Police but Limits Damages Under Tort Claims Act Earlier last month, a Maryland appellate court heard a case that was brought by the family of a man who was killed in a motorcycle accident involving
- Kawasaki Motorcycle Design Defect Case Survives Motion to Dismiss The design defect lawsuit filed by parents on behalf of their minor son, who became permanently injured when his Christmas gift of a Kawasaki
- Commonwealth Court Panel Rules Maryland Couple Cannot Sue PennDOT A three judge Commonwealth Court panel recently ruled that a Maryland couple cannot sue the Pennsylvania State Department of Transportation for the
- Court Finds Landowner Had No Duty to Prevent Lessee’s Horses from Escaping Leased Property Earlier this month, the Vermont Supreme Court issued an opinion in a personal injury case affirming the lower court’s decision that a landlord who
- Accident Victim’s Claim Against City that Concrete Barriers Were Improperly Installed Failed for Lack of Expert’s Testimony Earlier this month, a Montana court dismissed a plaintiff’s claim based on the fact that the plaintiff failed to introduce evidence of the applicable
- Porsche Denies Liability in Actor Paul Walker’s Death Two years ago, actor Paul Walker was killed in a car accident when the Porsche he was riding in as a passenger crashed on a California road.
- Family Files Wrongful Death Suit Against County After Police Chase Teen to His Death Earlier this week in Prince George’s County, a teen was killed when he crashed his dirt bike into a tree after running from police. The family of the
- Class Action Claims DC Police Officers Target Young Black Motorcyclists A recently filed class action lawsuit accuses District of Columbia police officers of intentionally running their squad cars into black motorcyclists,
- Up to 25% of US Car Crashes Caused by Distracted Driving and Gadget Use According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, up to 25% of motor vehicle accidents in this country occur because motorists were distracted
Throughout the process [of the motor vehicle collision case] you were available, responsive and up front. You were available for my questions, and my need for reassurance, and when the opportunity arose to better the outcome of my case, you did not shy away from the extra work. You have proven yourself to be an honest, realistic and caring advocate for the little guy in need. I will refer your firm to any who may be in similar need. John C.
I can’t thank you enough for your efforts and dedication to resolving my case. I also want to thank you for your consistent professional manner, touched with that extra personal care that I sensed whenever we communicated. You are a wonderful person and I wish you continued success. Again, thanks for everything. Hallie W.
I am proud to have had Lebowitz & Mzhen represent me in an automobile personal injury case I was involved with. Not only did they come through with a settlement worth far more than I thought possible, the entire office was always friendly, knowledgeable, and ready to answer any questions I had. Should an incident like this occur again, I will not hesitate to contact Lebowitz & Mzhen for their counsel, advice and representation, and I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone seeking honest and effective attorneys. Mark B.
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW #700
Washington. DC 20004
Toll Free: 800 654-1949
While all of the cases identified in the Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC website under Our Successes are cases that Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC has handled for its clients, Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC does not represent any of the clients in cases mentioned in our blog. Our law firm is reporting on current events that will likely be of interest to our readers. The content provided is not intended as legal advice.
Our past results are not a guarantee of future results, and they should not be used to predict an outcome in any future case or matter. The merits of each case must be determined based upon the facts and the applicable law of each particular case. Lebowitz & Mzhen, LLC is a law firm with lawyers licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland, and a lawyer licensed to practice law in Washington, D.C.
We serve the following localities: Washington DC; Baltimore; Anne Arundel County including Annapolis and Glen Burnie; Prince George’s County including Upper Marlboro, Hyattsville, and Bowie; Carroll County including Westminster and Eldersburg; and Montgomery County including Rockville, Germantown, and Bethesda.
Motorcycle Accidents. Maryland Motorcycle Accident Attorney Lebowitz & Mzhen