MSW Program International Applicants #international #msw

No Comments


MSW Program International Applicants

International applicants are those persons who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Institutions are required by U.S. federal immigration laws to obtain certification that international applicants have adequate financial resources to provide for their expenses while attending school.

International students may apply for School of Social Work merit scholarship aid, which can be utilized toward certifying that adequate funds are available. Most merit scholarships cover only partial tuition amounts. To apply for scholarship aid, please complete the School of Social Work Financial Aid Application for incoming students. NOTE: This application is available through the online MSW application or can be submitted in hard copy.

International students may also apply to our special programs. Special program applications are available through the online MSW application.

All international applicants must submit an Affidavit of Financial Support with the application materials, certifying the availability of a minimum of $136,400 (in U.S. dollars) for their expenses for four full-time terms of study, exclusive of travel to and from the United States and exclusive of dependent expenses. Proof of adequate funding may include funds from a variety of sources, including sponsoring organizations or governments, continuance of salary, the applicant’s family, or the applicant’s personal funds. Official financial documentation can be in the form of original certified bank statements or an original letter of financial support from an organization, foundation, or government sponsor verifying the amount and duration of funds that are available to you. This documentation is required for visa documents to be issued to enter the United States.

English Proficiency

Because of the importance we place on students’ ability to communicate effectively in both the classroom and field instruction setting, applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. Please review our English proficiency requirement and exemption information.

Health Screening

Certain entering international students must be screened for tuberculosis. Screening will be offered free on campus. Please visit the UHS website for more information .

On-Campus University Housing

International graduate and professional students are eligible to live in the Northwood Community Apartments, as well as the Munger Graduate Residences. Students from over 70 countries live in on-campus University housing. Newly admitted and matriculated (that is, those that have paid their enrollment deposit) students will receive an email from the University Housing Office with on-campus University housing information. Other University housing accommodations typically are not available for graduate or professional students. Visit the Housing Office website or U-M International Center Housing webpage for more information.

Categories: News Tags: Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *