Free Proxy Server List Downloads, free proxy server.#Free #proxy #server
Where to Download Free Proxy Server Lists
Internet proxy servers let you hide your IP address and stay (mostly) anonymous. They work by routing your traffic through a different IP address before reaching the destination so that the website you re visiting thinks that your IP address is the one that belongs to the proxy.
To visualize a proxy server, think of it as a device that sits between your network and the internet. Everything you do on the internet is passed through to the proxy server first, after which any incoming requests are again done through the proxy before reaching your network again.
Keep in mind that because they re free, public servers, they re often taken offline without warning, and some may offer a less reputable service than others. For a more dedicated method of anonymous browsing, consider using a VPN service.
Lists of Free Proxy Servers
If you are interested in using anonymous proxies, you should maintain a list of free proxy servers on your network to ensure at least one is accessible at all times.
- NordVPN: Tens of thousands of free proxy servers that can be found by country, port, and protocol
- TorVPN: An always-updated list of dozens of free HTTP and SOCKS proxies
- FreeProxy.ru: Proxy lists are downloaded as TXT files
- AtomInterSoft: Gives port-specific lists of IP addresses that belong to proxy servers
- FreeProxyLists.com: Shows a list of IP addresses and port numbers for the proxy servers
- Free-Proxy-List.net: Updates a list of proxy servers every 10 minutes
- ProxyLists.net: Browse for free proxy servers by country and port number
- Proxz.com: Shows lists of proxy servers for anonymous proxies and proxies by country
- FreeProxyLists.net: The proxies can be filtered by port, protocol, anonymity level, uptime, and country
- Proxynova.com: A list of proxy server IP addresses, ports and other information that s updated every minute
Note: Some of these proxy server lists are not in a downloadable format, but you can still save the information to your computer through copy/paste or by printing the page to a PDF file.
How to Use a Proxy Server
The process for attaching a program to a proxy server is different for every application, but it s normally found somewhere in the settings.
In Windows, you can make a system-wide change to the proxy settings through Control Panel. Find the Network and Internet section and choose Internet Options and then Connections LAN settings.
You can also get there through some of the major web browsers:
- Chrome:Settings Network Change proxy settings. LAN settings
- Opera:Menu Settings Browser Network Change proxy settings. LAN settings
- Internet Explorer:Tools Internet options Connections LAN settings
- Safari: Preferences. Advanced Proxies Change Settings. LAN setting
Firefox maintains its own set of proxy settings in the Tools Options Advanced Network Connection Settings. menu. You can choose to use the system proxy settings (which are found in Control Panel) or put separate information in that window.