5 Free Manga Drawing Software – Manga Tuts #free #music #sites
#free drawing software
5 Free Manga Drawing Software
A drawing software can make your work a lot easier and faster than the traditional drawing with paper and pencil.
Manga drawing software such as Manga Studio. PaintTool Sai and Photoshop allow you to do things like quickly edit and undo mistakes with the simple click of a mouse. However these software are not free. You may get to try them out for about thirty days or so but then you have to pay for them.
Luckily there are some good free drawing programs out there that does a good job or does exactly what you need them to do. All you have to do is think about what you need from a drawing program and then pick the best one that suits your needs.
With that in mind, here are 5 free manga drawing software with some of their features listed that you can explore.
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It has some similarities to Photoshop which means it s great for painting and drawing.
Some GIMP features include:
- creation of custom brushes and patterns
- transformation tools to rotate, scale and flip your drawings and images
- common selection tools like ellipse, rectangular and free selection
- a wide variety of supported file formats like jpeg, bmp, gif, psd, png and others
- supports use of pen tablets
- another great feature of GIMP is the capability to add plugins to further expand it s features.
You can download GIMP here. And then find a lot of tutorials for the program here .
Artweaver is a popular drawing and painting tool that a beginner as well as an experienced user would find easy to use. It s a paid program but there s also a free version.
- predefined brushes like pencils, chalk, charcoal, crayons,airbrush etc.
- pen tablet support
- filling, cropping and selection tools
- Configure brushes to suit your needs and categorize them.
- Drag and rotate the canvases as needed.
- Enter text with it s editable text tool.
These are just some features of the wonderful free Artweaver drawing software.
Some features are only available in the paid version but it has enough to do what you want as a drawing and painting program.
You can find a list of helpful Artweaver tutorials right here.
You can create and configure brushes like pencils, chalk, crayons and charcoal that give you the feel of painting or drawing with traditional paper and pencil, but with all the features and benefits of a digital drawing software.
Below are some of it s features:
- It allows you to save your work as scrap paper
- Has a scratch pad for testing
- It comes with a large collection of brushes
- Create and customize brushes to your liking
- Symmetric drawing
- Move layers around
- Supports blending modes like luminosity, overlay, saturation and more
Here s the link to download MyPaint and tips to use it on this site.
So Drawplus is a graphics design software that you can also use to draw. It is available in two versions. Basic, which is free and the paid version which will obviously have more features. Let s talk about the free version.
First of all to get the free or starter edition of Drawplus, you need to go to their site here and register an account.
Secondly while you are using the program you will get popups about certain brushes and features which are not available in the basic version that you are using. You will be asked to upgrade in order to make the additional features available.
You can try this out to see if you want it or if you would prefer one of the previously mentioned drawing software above.
To help you make your decision easier here are some features of this program:
- pen pressure sensitivity supported
- pencil, pen and brush tool for drawing
- vector tools to create lines, curves and shapes
And the last one on our list is Inkscape. This one is a free vector based drawing program which has some similarities to the famous adobe illustrator.
- There are tools that allow you to upload your traditional drawings via scanner and turn them into vector looking images.
- A tool for picking colors
- It supports a wide variety of file formats like jpeg, gif, bmp, pcx, tga, tiff, png,psd and even awd, Artweaver another drawing software I mentioned above.
Visit this website to download Inkscape
Also here is another place to get some good tutorials on how to use the application.
Although these are only 5 drawing programs that I talked about in this article, there are tones of other free manga drawing software available out there.
Here are a few more that you can check out and decide if you like any of them.
So there you have it. I hope you can use the information you receive in this article to help you to choose the best free drawing software for you. And please share this article if you think it will help others.
Please like and share: